The open road is calling and if youve found the perfect RV for your travels, obtain the perfect insurance plan to cover your new recreational vehicle from hood to tail pipe.
Recreational vehicles insurance is the type of insurance policy that you need for a home on wheels. An RV includes a kitchen area, bathroom, sitting area and the sleeping facilities. Some are simply equipped while others have state of the art accessories, and the policy will differ on the type of RV that you own. A recreational vehicle is commonly called a motor home in other countries and is best used for camping and long distance traveling.
Other motorized recreational vehicles that require insurance coverage are motor homes, van campers, mini-motor homes and sport utility vehicles. There are also towable RVs, travel trailers, fifth-wheel travel trailers, truck campers and folding campers, and when you determine the exact type and model, you will discover the best benefits for each.
Recreational Vehicles Insurance Basics
Major insurance companies have separate policies for RVs, but most can be bundled with your auto or homeowners policy to offer a discount. The company that handles your auto insurance is the first place to look for your RV policy because they have experience insuring motor vehicles. RVs encounter situations that are totally unique, so here are the basics for any RV
- Vacation Liability pays for physical injury or property damages while at the camping area.
- Total Loss Replacement will replace the RV when it has been in an accident.
- Personal Effects Replacement will replace personal belongings inside the RV.
- Windshield Protection repairs the windshield for $0, and will replace a windshield for $50.
- RV Medical Payments are the payments for injuries that occur in the RV regardless of whos at fault.
- Typical Comprehension and Collision that also includes Emergency Expense coverage in case you need to go home and the RV is incapacitated. Towing is also a must.
In order to obtain the correct coverage, identify the specific type of RV because it will be necessary to open the policy. When you have the right policy that covers all of your riders, all of your friends and family will want to travel with you.